Clifton E. Haley Designated Director Emeritus
CLIF HALEY DESIGNATED DIRECTOR EMERITUS OF DRLPS
At the DeTour Reef Light Preservation (DRLPS) Board of Directors meeting in July 2016, it was with great honor that the Directors designated Clif Haley as Director Emeritus of the Society. From 2000 to 2015, Clif exhibited superb leadership, commitment, enthusiasm, energy, dedication and expertise and made substantial contributions to the success of restoring and preserving the DeTour Reef Light and the DRLPS and promoting the DRLPS reputation of excellence in the national lighthouse community.
Following is the Resolution adopted at the meeting to designate Clif Haley as Director Emeritus:
WHEREAS, in special recognition of distinguished service to the DeTour Reef Light Preservation Society (DRLPS), the Board of Directors wishes to acknowledge the substantial contributions of Clif Haley by designating him Director Emeritus; and
WHEREAS, Mr. Haley served as DRLPS Director from 2000 to 2015; and
WHEREAS, Mr. Haley has substantially contributed to the success of DRLPS in the following areas:
- Major contributor with the Federal and State Restoration Grant Applications of $1.2 million.
- Major contributor with the National Historic Lighthouse Preservation Act application for transfer of the DeTour Reef Light Station ownership from the Federal Government to DRLPS.
- Led the major effort for the resolution of the State of Michigan Bottomlands Use Agreement and how offshore lighthouse nonprofit organizations retain the right to use these bottomlands leading to establishing the official Bottomlands Use Agreement for the State of Michigan.
- Prepared the Crane #2 Michigan Lighthouse Assistance Program grant application.
- Provided Legal Counsel to the DRLPS.
- DRLPS major fundraiser Evening Under the Stars Master of Ceremonies for 16 years.
- Allowed DRLPS to use (free of charge) the Drummond Island Hangar Conference Room for meetings and storage areas for DRLPS material.
- Continues to provide valued service to DRLPS.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Directors of DRLPS that it approves designation of Clif Haley as Director Emeritus.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this Board herein extends its deepest appreciation to Clif Haley for his dedication and service to the DRLPS, and to the lighthouse community of this state and nation.