Evening Under the Stars
Enjoy an Evening Under the Stars
Help Preserve the DeTour Reef Light!
19th annual Evening Under the Stars
Saturday, July 21
Every year since its founding in 1998, the DeTour Reef Light Preservation Society has sponsored a benefit dinner to raise funds to help with the preservation of the DeTour Reef Lighthouse.
The dress is dressy resort wear (business casual). This elegant, popular fundraiser includes a silent auction and music by area musicians. A portion of the ticket price is tax deductible as allowed by law.
For reservations or additional information
Call Darlene Skinner 906-493-6812 or send an email to StarsEvent@drlps.com
Silent Auction is Open for Bidding
If you are unable to attend, you still have the opportunity to bid at the Silent Auction. Join in the fun and bid on these unique and interesting items.
You do not need to be present to win the bidding on an item. Bidding is open until 5PM on July 21st
DRLPS SILENT AUCTION ITEMS INCLUDE….
- Guided trip to Fourth Lake with Conor Egan. Ducks may be involved pending communication with the guide. Just the trip up the Pottaganissing River is an exciting time.
- Choice of either: Airplane Ride for three (3) to Mackinaw Island Drop Off/Pick Up or Drummond Island Region Seaplane ride for two (2). Must be used during 2018 season. Details to be discussed and specified with the pilot Paul LaPoint of WaWen ResortDonated by Vince Klamerus. Bidding starts at $500.
- A Local Birding Tour for a group up to six people led by renown ornithologist and artist Paul Rossi. Bidding will begin at $150
- Bulldozer Driving Lesson provided and instructed by Denny Bailey.. Got some rocks to move?
- An early evening sail with Paul & Kathy Johnson aboard their Catapult for a party of four (4). The bidding starts at $150.
- Fishing with master angler Ed Zeerip! He will show you his favorite bass hole! He may blindfold you in transit (to keep it a secret). Equipment provided and you’ll need a fishing license!! Minimum bid $150.
- A Great Fishing Charter or Boat Tour with Ivan Meade Gable. Clients are never disappointed with Capt Gable. He finds the fish. He knows the water.
- North Caroline Tarheel Pleasure Basket donated by Dix & Betty Gerber…… Fun and Fabulous…. must be seen!
- Two original maple bowls by Doug Almoney. Can you say wedding presents?
- Exquisite meal for four. Donated/Purchased/Prepared by Chef Ross Kaplan (and cleanup) In YOUR Kitchen!!!! Menu discussed beforehand.
- Kayaking lesson and tour (with Candis Collick). Sorry only for two… Ask Candis for details. Fun for you…
- A Stream Fishing excursion on the Two Hearted River. Bill Wallace has found some Hemingway secrets he is willing to share. Party of three (including Bill)- – Bidding starts at $150!
- A ‘must have’ artisan scrimshaw donated by Carol Martin.
- Native crushed Carmeuse Dolomite – 10 yds. You pay only the delivery fee.
- Team Registration & Fees for 2ndAnnual DRLPS Nordic Lobbit Bocce Tournament, Sunday, August 12th, at Drummond Island Township Golf Course 3PM.
- A Boating Lesson by Gay Egan: “HOW TO APPROACH A DOCK”
- Wall Paintinga / Prints / Frames. Donated by Joe & Bonnie Fennell
- Classic Wall Print and wall clock donated by Bob & Tess Wellsted
- Many Jeri Baron Feltner wonderful and unique donations
- SSM Superior Coffee
- Summer Spirits from the Les Cheneaux Distillery
And much more…..
BIDDING will continue at the EVENING UNDER THE STARS…… Winning bidders will be notified (you need not be present to win, but if you are not present you may not be able to place that final winning bid!)
Place your bids by contacting
Joe Henne 906-630-5093 email HenneJoe@yahoo.com
Thelia G (906)493-5230 email firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2017 Evening Under the Stars
The 2016 Evening Under the Stars
Doug and Anne Almoney greeting Stars guest
Silent Auction table resulted in energetic bidding
Msgr Timothy Hogan and Fr. Bill Appel coming from the hors d’oeuvres table
Joe Henne on parking duty
Joe Henne with Barb and Frank Taylor winners of the Sunset Cruise on Potagannissing Bay donated by Yacht Haven
Lois Bryant Debbie Bennett, Anne Almoney, Chris Henne and Jeri Baron Feltner with setup complete. Let the Gala begin.
DRLPS themed cookies. Beautiful presentation and great dessert.
The Raffle team – Deb Bennett, Jon Rahman and Doug Almoney
Friendship and fun at Stars. Deb Bennett, Betty Gerber, Tess Wellstead, and Carol Rahman
Daryl & Ron Dawes with DRLPS Photographer, Hallie Wilson